Undergraduate research assistant opportunities
Institute for the Science of Teaching and Learning, Arizona State University
The Institute for the Science of Teaching and Learning at Arizona State University has 5 openings for a Research Assistant position in the Science of Learning and Educational Technologies (SoLET) Laboratory. We are looking for research assistants who can commit to 2 semesters, 9 hrs/week, and have an interest in our research.
We offer research assistants the opportunity to receive hands-on experience in a research. Typical duties involve running studies, proof-reading and creating stimuli, system bug testing, and coding/analyzing data. Students are highly encouraged to pursue their personal research interests as they would pertain to the research in the SoLET Lab. As a member in the lab we teach undergraduate students about our research, help them apply to graduate school, offer them access to our data and research materials, help them discover how they can narrow down their specific research interests, and advise them on their research.
- Assist in study implementation, data collection, data entry, and data analyses.
- Attend meetings, read lab relevant studies and commit to nine hours a week of working in the lab.
- Able to work independently as well as wit others in a group.
- 3.9 minimum GPA
- Currently taken or enrolled in PSY 290
Benefits to you:
- Course credit for PSY 399 or PSY 499
- Get first-hand experience doing research including running studies and research implementation
- Build your resume/CV
- Get credits or a letter grade for your research participation in the lab
- Potential recommendation letter (based on satisfactory performance)
If you would like to apply, please send an email to Micah Watanabe (see graduate students section). Please mention that you are applying for the research assistant position.